It’s on again! The annual CAWA AGM Photo Competition!
Entries close at midnight on Monday 27th January 2014.
Once again, all CAWA members are invited to submit their inspiring, awesome, action-packed climbing photos from this year’s climbing adventures. Rules of engagement are:
1. You can only submit photos you’ve taken yourself;
2. You agree to allow us to consider it for inclusion in the next issue of the CAWA Calendar (2014) and publish a small image of it on the CAWA website, Facebook page and the Western Climber (especially if you win!);
3. You must be a current CAWA member; and
4. The photo must be taken in 2013 or 2014 (so you can submit photos taken from the Christmas/New Years adventures ).
There will once again be two categories:
1. Climbing in WA (the most important one); and
2. Climbing Everywhere Else (not as good as climbing in WA).
Additional prizes this time round will also be given for such obviously underappreciated talent as:
• Best bum shot;
• Best action shot;
• Best photo that makes the quarry look like a world class destination (hey, I didn’t say this was an easy comp!); and
• Best climbing outfit.
These will be made up on the night, and depend on the photos received.
The CAWA photo comp has been a resounding success in the last few years, and we will once again be creating a CAWA calendar for 2014 with the submitted photos. The calendar will be from March 2014 to February 2015 to coincide with the AGM. They will be available for purchase on the night of the AGM, and if any are left over they can be distributed to the gyms for you to purchase at an extraordinary low price of $10.
If you have any queries, or would like to enter, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful information to include with your submitted photo:
1. Your name;
2. The name of the climb, climber and location. You can also include the grade if you wish.