Posts by Hamish Carrad

Wilyabrup Trip 28-30th of November

Posted on October 28, 2014 by to News | No Comments

The days are getting warmer so it’s time to head to the coast for some sea cliff climbing.  CAWA has a trip planned to Wilyabrup on the last weekend in November. Located 26km NW of Margaret River, it’s not too far for a weekend trip from Perth. Wilyabrup is one of the biggest and best […]

Wellington Dam Trip: Saturday 1 November 2014

Posted on September 29, 2014 by to Events, News | No Comments

    CAWA has a club trip to Wellington Dam on Saturday the 1st of November. Wellington Dam is around 200km south of Perth, just out of Collie in the picturesque Wellington National Park. Wellington Dam is a beautiful family friendly spot for a BBQ with some great climbing on solid rock. The climbing is […]

Mount Frankland trip has been cancelled due to poor weather forecast.

Posted on September 24, 2014 by to News | No Comments

Mount Frankland trip Queens birthday long weekend has been cancelled due to poor weather forecast. Hopefully the weather will be better for the next trip.

Mount Frankland Queens Birthday long weekend 26-29 of September 2014

Posted on August 17, 2014 by to News | 3 Comments

The days are getting longer so it’s time climbers start thinking about heading south to climb.  So Queens birthday long weekend CAWA has a trip planned to Mount Frankland  in the picturesque Karri forest north of Walpole, 400km south of Perth. The climbing is on large granite domes with predominately friction slab and face climbing […]

Eaglestone Rock Trip – Fri 29 – Sun 31 August

Posted on June 09, 2014 by to News | No Comments

Eaglestone Rock Climbing Trip  Friday 29 –Sunday 31 August 2014     It’s time to grab your winter woollies and pack up your car for a club trip to the Wheatbelt east of Perth. Camping is only a stone’s throw away from where you will be climbing. Your coffee will stay nice and hot on […]

Wellington Dam trip postponed due to poor weather forecast

Posted on May 16, 2014 by to News | No Comments

Hello everyone, The forecast for Saturday is not looking good so unfortunately I think it is best to postpone the trip until later in the year when the weather is more stable. Cheers Hamish