CAWA is the representative body of climbers in Western Australia. CAWA was formed in 1968, and incorporated in August 1979. As per our constitution, CAWA’s purpose is to:
- promote and develop Rock Climbing, especially in Western Australia;
- protect and promote the interests of Rock Climbers in Western Australia;
- provide an institution for Rock Climbers to meet;
- formulate and publish guidelines which it will promote as desired conduct by Rock Climbers, and will encourage Members and other Rock Climbers to adopt; and
- encourage groups with similar objects to affiliate with the Association.
The management of CAWA is conducted by a committee. Any matters which may need to be brought to the attention of the committee should be addressed to the CAWA Secretary.