What We Do
CAWA is the representative body of climbers in Western Australia. Here are some of the things we do and benefits of being a member:
- Provide a central body that represents climbers when dealing with land managers, sporting bodies and government departments. This is especially important in maintaining crag access, something which all outdoor climbers benefit from.
- Provide the http://www.climberswa.asn.au web site and facebook page. This is an important forum to meet other climbers, exchange information, post new routes, find out about the news etc.
- Formulate codes of conduct that encourage sensible behaviour by outdoor climbers so as to avoid conflict with land managers, other user groups and other climbers.
- Organise weekend club trips to places all over the state. Read about previous trips in our trip reports.
- Provide coaching and training activities.
- Organise courses for members through third party providers at discounted rates.
- Western Climber newsletter.
- Organise gym crashes once every 1- 2 months. This provides opportunities to meet new potential climbing partners. Come along, climb, socialise and then rip into a juicy pizza!
- Secure discounts for members in climbing gyms. These include up to 40% off entry cost on specific days of the week.
- Arrange member discounts at the various retailers for climbing and outdoor gear. A valid membership card is required to get the discounts and applies to full price merchandise.