What We Do
CAWA is the representative body of climbers in Western Australia. Here are some of the things we do:
- Provide a central body that represents climbers when dealing with land managers, sporting bodies and government departments. This is highly relevant to crag access.
- Provide the http://www.climberswa.asn.au web site. This is an important forum to meet other climbers, exchange information, post new routes, find out about the news etc.
- Formulate codes of conduct that encourage sensible behaviour by outdoor climbers so as to avoid conflict with land managers, other user groups and other climbers.
- Organise weekend club trips to places all over the state, typically six times a year. We assist members to organise transport and accommodation. Read about previous trips in our trip reports.
- Organise gym crashes once a month. Come along, climb, socialise and then rip into a juicy pizza!
- Secure discounts for members in climbing gyms. These include up to 40% off entry cost on specific days of the week.
- Arrange member discounts at the various gear shops. So far, the negotiated member discounts are 10% off at Paddy Pallin, Mainpeak and Mountain Designs and 20% off at Macpac. A valid membership card is required to get the discounts.