Update to CAWA Climbing Trip to Mount Frankland 28th – 30th Sept 2013

Home Forum Organise a climbing trip Update to CAWA Climbing Trip to Mount Frankland 28th – 30th Sept 2013

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Kleinman 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #110712 Reply

    Tony
    Member

    Given the medium term weather forecast (in the link below), there is a med-high probability that the CAWA trip to Mount Frankland will not go ahead.

    The final decision will be taken on Monday 23rd Sept next week to give some time to further define the conditions.
    While CAWA rarely cancels any climbing trips, where inclement weather may add safety risk to the location, CAWA’s concern is the safety of the all trip participants.

    Mount Frankland is mostly multi-pitch slab and consequently difficult and potentially dangerous climbing in consistent inclement weather. The slab needs some time to dry out and the forecast does not provide high confidence in that case.

    If the trip is cancelled, we would look to re-schedule another trip in the dryer months ahead.

    http://www.eldersweather.com.au/raindates.jsp?lc=w03&dc=disableCookies

    #110917 Reply

    Hi, Sorry to say the trip has been cancelled – Weather has conspired to make the trip unworkable. We will try to run a mini trip later this year when the weather has improved.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Update to CAWA Climbing Trip to Mount Frankland 28th – 30th Sept 2013
Your information: