On Wednesday 10th August CAWA is holding its first social evening for the year. The venue will be Rosie O’Grady’s (upstairs room) in Northbridge and will start at 7:30pm. This is an open invitation to all and sundry and you’re welcome to renew your membership or join on the night (just ask for Kylie and someone will fetch her from the bar). There is a small cover charge of $5 for non-members. It’s going to be an interesting and informative evening so it would be great if you can make it. The Agenda is as follows:
1. Welcome and introduction by CAWA President – Tony Brebner (5mins)
2. Introduction to the Committee, our goals/aspirations and the events planned for this year (5mins)
3. NEWSFLASH!! Presentation by the owners of a brand new indoor rock climbing centre due to open later this year (15mins)
4. Talks by local climbers, some of whom are traveling overseas later this year to climb in the Verdon Gorge, France and also meet the Yosemite Assault Team 2011, who are attempting (with grit, determination, wit and sheer balls) the classic “The Nose” on El Capitan. (20mins)
5. Open discussion from the floor/socialising
Snacks and nibbles will be provided, with more substantial meals and drinks available for purchase downstairs.
I look forward to seeing you there and if not, I hope you’re still getting some time on the rock in-between these showers!