Just a quickie to let you know that we are planning a day out out Wellington Dam Quarry on Saturday 17 May 2014.
Hamish Carrad will be the coordinator and will provide more details within the week. Keep an eye on the website and your inbox. But here are the basics:
- A day climbing trip to Wellington Dam Quarry in the Wellington National Park just out of Collie (about 200 km from Perth).
- There are BBQs, picnic tables and toilets at the quarry. A kiosk is also nearby.
- A great opportunity for climbers to make a day (or weekend) of it and bring their families as the area is picturesque with a number of points of interest and recreation areas.
- We envisage a day out combining climbing, socialising and importantly, eating. How often do you get free gas BBQs in the middle of a quarry?!
- There is plenty of camping nearby for those who wish to stay overnight and then perhaps have a climb at Pinjarra (Boomer Crag) or explore the surrounding areas, on the way home.
- The new mini guide, hot off the presses will be available shortly.
- Welly Dam can also be found in the CAWA Perth Rock Climbing Guide.
Looking forward to seeing you there!