- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years, 7 months ago by Ross.
8 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6625RossGuest
The plan is to go to the Stirlings over the Anzac Day long weekend Fri-Sun 25-27 April. We will pitch tents at the Stirling Range Caravan Park on Chester Pass road (beware of roos at night around this). Most people should arrive on Thursday night. There are a few people planning to do the Ridge Walk (Bluff Knoll to Ellen Peak) on Friday. If you want to participate in that, be ready to set off at 6am on Friday morning and be able to do it in 1 day. It has been done in 6 hours, incl all summits.
Climbing options include Talyuberlup, Bluff Knoll, Mount Trio and Barnett Peak. MT is the only place with bolts and is topropable, all else is trad and long.
Miniguides to the last 2 sites are available from the CAWA site. What we do depends on who turns up and what their desires are.
Please text me 0422 927962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. If you do not register and the trip is cancelled for whatever reason, I will not be able to notify you. Thanks.8 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6626ElliotKeymaster
I’m there for sure. Not sure if I’ll be alone…hoping my non-climbing mate will be coming (running him through the basics of climbing outdoors this weekend). Chances are I’ll be doing the Ridge Walk for sure and hopefully be getting a climb in…unlike PC 🙁15 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6627RossKeymaster
Even at this early date I already have 11 people coming, so to help me coordinate the event please email me on email@example.com and/or text me your email and mobile details to 0422 927962 so I can coordinate the transport 4 those who need it. Much appreciated and c u there!23 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6628RossKeymaster
Due to poor weather forecast for the Sirling Ranges, the Anzac Day Long Weekend trip is redirected to EAGLESTONE ROCK, see the post on rossclimbing.typepad.com for information. EsR is a bit smaller, but also dry and closer.24 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6629the weather manKeymaster
A morning shower or two then fine. Light winds tending SW in the afternoon.
Maximum temperature: 19
UV Index: 5 [Moderate] UV Alert from 10:00 to 14:20
Friday : Early shower. Min 10 Max: 20
Saturday : Chance of a shower. Min 11 Max: 18
Sunday : Shower or two. Min 10 Max: 20
merridan predict showers, flys, and showers24 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6630ElliotKeymaster
Weather report for Borden; which I understand is the nearest weather station.
Sunday: Cloudy, rain from the afternoon
Borden is exactly where the Stirling Ranges is.24 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6631richardKeymaster
Im looking at getting to the Striling Retreat camp ground either this evening or early tomorrow morning depending who’s going to be around. Let me know if you’ll be there.24 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6632richardKeymaster
Im looking at getting to the Striling Retreat camp ground either this evening or early tomorrow morning depending who’s going to be around. Let me know if you’ll be there.24 April 2008 at 12:00 AM #6633RossKeymaster
STIRLINGS is on.
The weather has outlook improved, according to latest BOM forcast of 1pm today, so it now looks like a full fine Saturday. That is good for me. So the STIRLINGS option is back on. I am getting to the caravan pack around 10pm; please camp at the reserved group site. Sorry for confusion but such is life. I am also succumbing to peer pressure.