By becoming a member of CAWA, you’ll find yourself among a group of enthusiastic climbers who share your love for climbing, be it sport, trad or bouldering. Being a part of CAWA offers the opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, and climb more frequently, even in new locations!
Why be a CAWA member?
By joining, you can support CAWA’s efforts to preserve access to crags by engaging with the government and other stakeholders. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in crag clean-up days, workshops, and clinics. CAWA also has a bolting fund for upgrading and maintaining fixed gear, including anchors and bolts.
As a member, you’ll enjoy free climbing trips, outdoor climbing workshops, discounted gym fees, film nights, and in-house training events throughout the year. Plus, you’ll easily recoup the cost of your membership through discounts at various climbing gyms and gear shops. Join today and experience all that CAWA has to offer!
- Metro refers to people living in the Perth Metropolitan Region.
- Country refers to people living in other parts of Western Australia.
- Youth refers to people under the age of 18 years.
- Student refers to full-time students – at least 3/4 full-time study load.
- Single – well, that should be fairly self-explanatory.
- Family – not quite as clear as the above – how about this – two or more people that are closely related that live in the same household and/or partners (in bed – not just on a rock…) and in the same house, with or without kids.
Membership runs for one year from the date of purchase.
If buying a family membership, please remember that you will need to add all your family members after the purchase is completed. The details need to be filled in once and will be kept for future reference.
Please understand that volunteers run CAWA and we have lives outside of climbing – really! As a result, it sometimes takes some time before you get a response.
If you have any queries about memberships, please don’t hesitate to contact Jiri.