Want to join or need to renew your existing membership?
To streamline the processing of memberships, we have done away with paper application forms, physical membership cards and gone fully online. However, the process is still in beta, so please be patient and let us know if you run into any problems.
Why be a CAWA member?
As a member of CAWA, you will join a community of passionate climbers who share your passion for climbing, whether that be sport, trad or bouldering. CAWA opens the door to meeting and making friends and climbing more often, often in new locations!
Importantly CAWA engages with the government and others to seek to preserve access to outdoor crags. CAWA also organises crag clean-up days and has a bolting fund to upgrade and maintain anchors and bolts.
CAWA organises free climbing trips, outdoor climbing workshops, discounted gym crashes (with free pizza!), film nights and in-house training events during the year.
Membership types and fees:
- ‘Metro’ refers to people living in the Perth Metropolitan Region.
- ‘Country’ refers to people living in other parts of Western Australia.
- ‘Youth’ refers to people under the age of 18 years.
- ‘Student’ refers to full-time students – at least 3/4 full-time study load.
- ‘Single’ – well, that should be fairly self-explanatory.
- ‘Family’ – not quite as clear as the above – how about this – two or more people that are closely related that live in the same household and/or partners (in bed – not just on a rock…) and in the same house, with or without kids.
Membership runs for one year from the date of purchase.
- Due to the shopping system used on this site, the emergency details on the next screen are not marked as required fields, but we would highly recommend to provide them.
- If buying family membership, please keep in mind that you will need to add all your family members after the purchase is completed. The details need to be filled in once and will be kept for future references.
- All the rest should be self-explanatory.
- Finally – please understand that CAWA is run by volunteers and we do have lives outside of climbing – really! As a result, it sometimes takes some time before you get a response.
If you have any queries about memberships, please don’t hesitate to contact Jiri.