Climbers Association of Western Australia
A representative body of climbers in WA
CAWA’s purpose is to
- promote and develop rock climbing, especially in WA;
- protect and promote the interests of rock climbers in WA;
- provide an institution for rock climbers to meet;
- formulate and publish guidelines; and
- encourage groups with similar objects to affiliate with the Association.
Trips, workshops, crag care, ...
Gym Crashes again provide an excellent opportunity to meet new climbers, test yourself, socialise and see what’s happening in the gyms if you don’t get in too often. For CAWA members, the Gym Crashes mean cheaper entry to the climbing gym and some refreshments on the night, usually in the form of pizza.
Climbing Trips provide an excellent opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow climbers, learn and explore new and finally get out of town. Depending on the circumstances, BBQ is provided on the trips as well.
Transitions to the outdoors, exploring new possibilities, crag cleanups and other social events for all climbers, members and the wider public.