Key Rope Rescue Skills with AO
CAWA has organised Adventure Out to run a basic rescue training workshop for members, to improve outdoor climbing safety.
Come along to learn the following skills:
- Prusik up and down a rope
- Prusik up to and by-pass a knot
- Prusik up, change to another rope for abseil to descend
- Abseil down to, then by-pass a knot, continue descending
- Mechanical advantage (MA) using improvised limited equipment
- MA systems – 2:1, 3:1 and 5:1
* dinner break 6.30-7 pm (bbq and refreshments provided by CAWA)
The event is for CAWA members only at $20 p/p. Places limited.
For more information, please contact the organizer.