Home Forums Organise a climbing trip 24 hr Rogaine 30 June – 1 July

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Olga

Hey guys, I know this is not really a climbing trip and I apologise for that, but… seeing how most climbers are outdoorsy fitness freaks anyway =)

I’ve organised a team and entered a 24hr rogaine next weekend. Now my team has just piked on me, stating very valid reasons unfortunately (exams have been brought forward). Therefore I’m teamless and a bit desolate, as I’ve been looking forward to this event very much and am still really keen to do it.

Now what is a rogaine I hear you ask? Rogaining is an endurance orienteering discipline, to be fairly specific. It involves receiving a map with checkpoints and in the time provided choosing your own route to visit as many of them as possible. You go at your own pace and your own way- whether by roads or bush-bashing, depending on your level of experience and desire to get lost and/or scratched to shreds.

I’ve done a number of these, (none this length though) and am moderately fit, so looking at being out there for at least 16 hrs out of 24, preferrably about 20. Kms wise- about 50-80, depending on the team and terrain.

All you really need is a compass, good trail walking/running shoes and a great sense of humour.

if you need any more details, google western australia rogaining or email me on opoberez@hotmail.com . Trust me, it is good fun if you’re into bushwalking and also being able to navigate your way around different type of terrain! like finding your way to and from good climbing walls 😉

Holding my fingers and toes crossed…

Olga =)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: 24 hr Rogaine 30 June – 1 July
Your information:

Scroll to Top