CANCELLED – Update on CAWA Climbing Trip to Mount Frankland 28th – 30th Sept 2013.

TRIP IS CANCELLED – Bad weather has conspired to make this trip unworkable. We will attempt a mini trip in about 1 months time.


Given the medium term forecast (link below), there is a med-high probability that the CAWA trip to Mount Frankland will not go ahead. The final decision will be taken on Monday 23rd Sept next week to give some time to further define the conditions.

While CAWA rarely cancels any climbing trips, where inclement weather may add safety risk to the location, CAWA’s concern is the safety of the all trip participants.

Mount Frankland is mostly multi-pitch slab and consequently difficult and potentially dangerous climbing in consistent inclement weather. The slab needs some time to dry out and the forecast does not provide high confidence in that case.

If the trip is cancelled, we would look to re-schedule another trip in the dryer months ahead.

CAWA Trip Coordinators – Tony Brebner and Mark Kleinman

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top